Thursday, April 7, 2016

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Ash Brown + Sephora Collection Pro Brow Brush #20


The Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade seems to be one of those items that divides beauty bloggers - they either love it, or absolutely hate it. While it does seem to have excellent reviews on Sephora, I personally sit somewhere in the middle.

I bought this product about 3 months ago in the shade Ash Brown. The pomade is smudge-free and waterproof and is meant to be applied with a brush. I bought a Sephora Collection Pro Brow Brush #20 to use with it. I solely chose it because it had decent reviews, and it had a spoolie on the end.


First off, do not buy this brush. I love a firm angle brush, and while I thought it would be fine for eyebrows, it does not apply the product as precisely as I would like. This is definitely a pass for me.


As for the pomade itself. It's only ok. I like to use it when I have a bit more time for makeup because it's a lot easier to create a full eyebrow look with this product as opposed to a brow pencil. Plus, it really does stay all day on my skin. However, the faff of the pomade itself is not always worth it to me since I'm all about practicality in makeup.


The color itself is pretty perfect for my brows. However, it's quite pigmented (as you can see in the swatch) and doesn't allow too many mistakes. In fact, in the swatch above, you can see how the product gradually wears off the brush. The last stroke from the brush would be my ideal texture and pigmentation. Instead, I have to work with that first swatch which can be a bit difficult.

I have read other reviews that indicate that this pomade does dry down a bit and the texture gets better. But you know, who wants to wait for that?

If you're used to pencils for your brows, I'd say don't bother with this. Pencils, in my opinion, work much better. If you're a beauty fanatic, and don't mind a bit of extra time on your makeup, then this might be for you. And at C$23 for a product that you use only a tiny little bit at a time, it's a decent bang for your buck.


1 comment:

  1. I recently bought Dip Brow and I agree the pigmentation is a little much and I do have to work it quite hard. For a night out though it is a nice product however for day to day I love Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake.

    Jazzria x
    Jazzria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete