Monday, March 7, 2016

February Favorites Featuring Lorac, Lise Watier, Clarins, Estee Lauder and more!


A little late, but here are the products I've been using non-stop this February!


I never bothered purchasing the Lorac Pro when all the hype was happening around it. But this past winter, I saw it on Ebay for a reasonable price and thought it would be fun to try it out! Don't worry, it's completely authentic - I did a ton or research to make sure I wasn't getting duped. I'm happy to report that I've gotten a ton of use out of this beauty. The matte shades are soft and easy to blend, the shimmery shades are gorgeous and pigmented, and you can pretty much create any look with this! My favorite shades this month have been the Gold shade and the Light Bronze. Unfortunately, this palette isn't readily available in Canada, but you can purchase it on Amazon (sadly, at a ridiculous mark up).

I've been try to curate my makeup brushes this month and one of the stand outs I've recently purchased at Winners is this Olive & Olivia angled brush. I struggled for the longest time to find a brush in my collection that worked well for applying the Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder but this brush works perfectly. It picks up the colour quite lightly and blends it out so easily. Unfortunately, I can't find this brush online, but check your local Winners in case it's available! Keep your eyes open for a favorite brush post soon on this blog!


The two lip products I've been completely obsessed over has been the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in 08 (as you may have guessed) and the Lise Watier Baume Gourmand in Rose. You can read the Lip Perfector review here, but basically, I absolutely love this product. I bought 07 this weekend and cannot wait to wear it! The Lise Watier Baume Gourmand was a surprise for me - I purchased it on a whim at a Shoppers Spend Your Points event and have worn it so much since. It description is accurate - it's a balm as it does have moisturizing properties, but it also gives quite the lovely natural pink flush of colour on my lips. I've been loving this easy to wear option. And plus, the packaging is adorable!


I've long been a fan of Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay-In-Place Eye Pencil formula, the black colour being one of my favorite liners ever. So it was only natural that I pick up the Coffee 02 colour eventually and it's quickly becoming my favorite brown liner. It has a lovely smudger on the end which is super convenient for smoking out your liner. And it seriously stays on all day.


Laura Mercier's blush in Spiced Cider is not a blush I would have picked up had I not seen it on other bloggers with fair skin. It seems so dark in the pan and the shade is what I would describe as a terracotta rose/coral. On the skin, it gives me such a gorgeous glow that I've been wearing it a lot this past month with more bronze eyeshadow. I've already professed my love for Laura Mercier blushes and seriously don't know why these don't get more love.

For your convenience, I've added swatches of the products below.



As always, thank you for reading and visiting my blog!


7 comments:

  1. I dusted out my Lorac pro pallet and....why did I neglect it. It is so pretty & pigmented. I need to try the Estee lauder pencil. Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dusted out my Lorac pro pallet and....why did I neglect it. It is so pretty & pigmented. I need to try the Estee lauder pencil. Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! The Lorac Pro is such a good basic! And the Estee Lauder pencils are amazing. Let me know what your think of them if you try them!

      Delete
  3. The eyeshadow palette is gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so functional! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. I am looooving the look of that Lise Watier balm! Daaamn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that palette, wow it looks amazing! Would you say this is your favourite palette? xx
    www.jboomsroom.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete