Thursday, March 10, 2016

Clinique Pop Lip Colour in Nude Pop 01 and Bare Pop 02 Review


I don't know why it took me so long to try these, but I only got around to trying these Clinique Pop Lip Colour a few months ago. Actually, that's not totally accurate. I've had the Nude Pop 01 for a while, but had only worn it a few times. To be honest, I wasn't totally impressed but wanted to give it a fair shot. The reviews were so great on this, maybe I was missing something?

I started wearing Nude Pop 01 a lot more and the texture seemed to change. It was more emollient and smooth - maybe it just needed breaking in? I wanted to try a different shade so I decided to give Bare Pop 02 a go.


I love their packaging. How neat is it that their packaging correspond with the color inside the tube? Unfortunately, the two I own are so similar that I can't really tell them apart by looking! The rest of the range however has quite varied colors. The packaging is also sturdy and the cap feels very secure.

The formula is quite nice. I wouldn't say this is a very moisturizing lipstick, but it's comfortable to wear. It's a lot moisturizing for me than say a MAC lipstick - those tend to make my lips peel. I get a good 4+ hours wear out of these. For my drinking coffee/eating snacks all day self, that's pretty damn good.

Nude Pop 01 on the left, Bare Pop 02 on the right

Errrm, this is awkward. They look almost exactly the same in the swatch! I swear, on the lips, they look completely different on me. Bare Pop looks like a dark blush nude and Nude Pop looks like a true pinky nude on my lips. Bare Pop also has quite a heavy glitter - which almost put me off purchasing it. The glitter doesn't really transfer on the lips - it's there, but it wears off beautifully and you're not left with glitter chunks on your lips once the lipstick wears off. Thank goodness or else it would be a fail for me! Nude Pop is truly a perfect nude - not too pink, not too brown, and goes with everything. You can't go wrong with that one.

If you're in the market for a new lipstick, I'd highly recommend you check the range. There are a ton of colours available, and in true Clinique fashion, affordable and less than high-end brands retailing at C $22.

Have you tried these lipsticks? Which shade is your favorite? Send me some recommendations - I've got my eye on Plum Pop next!


No comments:

Post a Comment