Thursday, March 3, 2016

Clarins Rouge Eclat in Pink Cherry (24), Hot Rose (23), Rose Praline (26), and Instant Light Lip Perfector 08 Review


Clarins has long been a favorite of mine in the lip product department. Long before I tested the Spring 2016 shades of the Rouge Eclat, I owned a few other shades (maybe one of them was Nude Rose 01?) which I loved but they have since expired and have been thrown out. So I was quite excited to test these out again! 


The packaging of the Rouge Eclat is pure luxury - a gold solid base where the lipstick is contained, and a lovely sturdy plastic cover. I love that there is no chance for the base of the lipstick to break off - this baby is secure! And I'm such a sucker for gold packaging, let's be honest. 


I don't know if it's the weather (-30C guys, like really), but I was a bit disappointed with the formula and found these dried my lips after a couple hours. I'm not sure why as they apply quite creamy, feel great on the lips and they even smell amazing. But for me, they simply weren't moisturizing enough. The color payoff of these is great, albeit a bit sheer. I'm personally a fan of more sheer lipsticks as I find they make my lips look plumper and younger - I'm definitely not on the liquid lipstick bandwagon. Even with its emollient and less opaque formula, which tends to wear off quickly, these lipsticks wore 4+ hours on me. 

Left to right in natural light, Pink Cherry (24), Hot Rose (23), Rose Praline (26) and the Instant Light Lip Perfector in 08

My favorite is Rose Praline (26). It's the perfect my-lips-but-peachier shade that goes with absolutely any makeup look. I think Hot Rose (23) and Pink Cherry (24) will be absolutely perfect for Spring with a lovely cat eye liner - I can just picture it. And with the warmer weather, maybe my lips won't feel as dry under these lipsticks.

The arrival of two new shades of the Instant Light Lip Perfectors created a bit of hype online! I knew I'd be getting my hands on the 08 shade as soon as I could and I'm so happy I did. It's a gorgeous berry shade that looks natural, but still pigmented on the lips. I absolutely LOVE this product. What amazes me the most is how moisturizing this gloss/balm hybrid is. I'm wearing this shade today, and my lips still have some product, and feel completely moisturized after 4+ hours of wear, coffee, water, a granola bar, and honeydew melon. That's kind of kick ass!

While I was a bit disappointed in the Rouge Eclat, I am completely smitten with the Instant Light Lip Perfector in 08. You absolutely needs this if you have dry lips but can never find a lip color that has the moisturizing properties you need. I'm pretty sure I'll have to buy the 07 shade before it's out of stock! Nay, I will absolutely buy it. It's also stunning.


* I have received these products for consideration, but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty. I did however purchase the Instant Light Lip Perfector myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment