Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Peek at My Beauty Bits


Last time I gave you a peek at my makeup collection was in 2014, so I thought it was time to give you another look at what's been happening in my makeup drawers.

I've spent the last month cleaning out bits I no longer use and throwing out old dried up products. I'm sad to say that I had to get rid of a lot. BUT, now with a more condensed and tailored collection, I'm finding it way easier to be a bit more creative with makeup.

I store my skincare items on this copper tray I found at Home Sense. I also keep samples I plan on using. Anything that requires a cotton pad stays in the bathroom. I'm on my third tub of the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night. LOVE that product.


On top of my Ikea Alex, I try to keep makeup items that I reach for often, or that I'm testing for review. At the moment, I'm testing out the new Clarins Ombre Iridescente Cream eyeshadows, the Bourgeois Air Mat foundation (on a ttsandra recommendation) and the Estee Lauder Goddess Bronzer.


I also keep my jewelry in little dishes I've picked up here and there. You can't see it but the dish holding my earrings has a heart at the bottom. It's one of my favorites.


In the drawers, I keep eyeshadows in the first one. Because my local Shoppers Drug Mart now carries Urban Decay products, I've been able to redeem my points for the Naked and Naked 2 palettes which I absolutely love. I also keep my Lorac Pro palette, a few Dior palettes and individual shadows. One of my favorites is the Le Métier de Beauté Corinthian shadow. A lot of my cream shadows have dried up, but I can't seem to part with them.


The second drawer stores foundations, blushes, bronzers, highlighters, concealers, primers and some brow products.


The third drawer contains my lipsticks. The ones I wear the most are usually in the jewelry trays on top of my dresser, but I try to change them up once in a while. I have a little bit of everything in there - high end lipsticks and drugstore options as well. For someone who rarely wears reds, I sure have a ton of them in this drawer! My favorite reds are Nars Cruella and the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks. Clinique's Two Ton Tomato is pretty great too!


My brushes reside in old candle jars and a candle holder from my wedding. I like the simplicity of these and they do the job perfectly.


So there you have it, a peek at my makeup bits. I love the way I store my makeup because it's so clean and organized (for me). How do you store your makeup?

No comments:

Post a Comment