Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September Favorites featuring Nuxe, Vidal Sassoon, Clarins and more!


A little late, but they're here! September this year has been all about using products I already own. But in the name of not making this dull and talking about products I've already "favorited" before, I've added newer favorites as well. Mostly though, I'm using the same products as my last favorites, and the favorites before. Guess I'm a creature of habit?


To start off, I've raved about it, so it's no surprise that the Clarins Be Long Mascara* (reviewed here) is on my September favorites list. It's seriously one of the best mascaras I've used. The brush is tiny and catches every single one of my lashes. I highly recommend this mascara! For lips, my YSL Glossy Stain in #9 Rouge Lacque has been my go-to for bright lips in the past month. It's super easy to apply and I love the glossier (but no-fuss) formula. As for gloss, I've been obsessed with the Almay Liquid Lip Balms which I've recently reviewed. I'm seriously eyeing the flyers for a good sale on them so I can pick up all the colors. Yeah, I'm obsessed. But only because the formula is amazing! My MAC Prep+Prime powder made a surprising appearance this month. For summer, I've been embracing my natural skin which means I have barely used powder all summer. Now that fall is almost upon us, I've been mattifying my skin a little bit with this powder. Let's be honest though, this powder doesn't completely absorb all my oils, but that's one of the reasons I like it. I find it gives my skin a natural finish rather than a made up one. I've made quite a dent in it and I think it's on its way to becoming a fall, even winter fave!

Non makeup favorites include my trusty Nuxe Cleansing Milk. I feel like I've overlooked this product when I first got it, but I've been back to using it full time. I love massaging it into my skin with a bit of water. It removes all my makeup, and it's non irritating, even if I get a little in my eyes. For my hands which have started getting drier with the change of weather, I've been loving my Body Shop Almond Hand and Nails Cream. At first, I thought the cream was a bit too greasy for my liking, but after applying it before bed a few nights in a row, my hands were super smooth and my cuticles were looking much better. I'll definitely be repurchasing this gem! Finally, I've been obsessed with my Vidal Sassoon Spray Repair and Finish** since I received it at the Beauty United Launch in Toronto. This spray is meant to be more of a repairing product, but I've been loving using primarily as a finishing spray. It give my hair the perfect amount of texture without making it feel like it has any product in it. I've used it on straightened hair to give my hair a bit of messy texture, as well as on curly hair to re-define my curls and again, create a bit of texture. I usually spray the product directly on my hair, scrunch it gently, and that's it! It also smells absolutely amazing. I had been looking for a product like this in my life, but didn't want to pay the exorbitant prices of the popular texturizing sprays out there! Glad I found a happy medium!


And that's it! I had a lot more favorites this month, but you've seen them before, so I figured I'd spare you. Non beauty favorites include fresh apples, candy corn, chunky sweaters, fedoras, and black booties. Can you tell I'm in fall mode yet?

What are your beauty or non-beauty favorites this month?

* I have received this product for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.
**Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.

1 comment:

  1. So many great favourites! The Body Shop's Almond Hand Cream is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete