Monday, October 28, 2013

Annabelle Quad in Chai Chai Chai! A Review and Look of the Day!

After reading Tracy's post on the Annabelle Quad in Chai Chai Chai a while back, I was intrigued. The colors were 100% up my alley, and I really wanted to give it a try even though I probably had all the colors in my collection. What can I say, I'm a curious person!

I'm not too familiar with Annabelle products (other than with their amazing Le Big Show mascara which I love)  so Tracy's stamp of approval really pushed me to give it a try!

The palette is compact and sturdy. I love that you can see the shades through the top!

Swatched on my hand.

The Quad features 4 complimentary shimmery shades (no mattes, sorry matte lovers!). The shades are all wonderfully pigmented, smooth and easy to work with. The patchiest of them is probably the darkest shade, but it's still not patchy enough to be a problem upon application. My favorite shade is hands down the third on in my swatch. It's very similar to the brown shade in my Dior Aurora palette and is the perfect brown to use all over the lid for a quick look. I absolutely love using the Dior shadow that way and I know I'll be using this Annabelle shade the same way! I had absolutely no problem with wear time (I always wear a primer because I have oily lids) and had no drop-down problems upon application, nor during the day.

I thought I'd do a quick makeup look to show you how I've used the palette.


I used the first shade, the lightest one, in the inner corner of my eye, the second all over my lids, the third shade to depend the crease (with a MAC 217 brush) and used a smaller brush (the NARS Small Dome Eye Brush which is amazing) with the darkest shade to add more definition to the crease, the outer corner of my eye and the lashline. I then added a bit of the darker shade under my eye with a MAC 219 brush and voila! To finish off the look I created a cat eyeliner with my L'Oreal Infaillible Lacquer Liner, used my Clarins Be Long Mascara on my lashes, added the NARS Laguna Bronzer to my cheekbones, and topped them with the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. On my lips I have the Maybelline Color Whisper in Mocha Muse.

Hope this was a helpful review for you! If you've been hesitating on getting this palette, rest assured that it's an excellent palette and you definitely won't be wasting your money! How can you go wrong at $10.95 a pop!

3 comments:

  1. You look fabulous, Annick - that palette has perfect warm bronzy shades for autumn. Btw, I've just noticed you really remind me of a girl I used to work with; she was the nicest person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Annick, this quad is really pretty on you! The quality seems really good as well. I think the shades might be a bit too warm for me, but it's beautiful on your blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete