Monday, September 9, 2013

Clarins Be Long Mascara - Review, Sweat Test & Lash Discussion


While I generally am a drugstore mascara gal (faves being Annabelle's Le Big Show and Cover Girl's Lash Blast), I do believe some higher end mascaras are worth the purchase sometimes. Example - I love the Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash and the Clinique High Impact Extreme and would re-buy them in a heartbeat. They are on the less expensive end of high end mascara, but are still expensive if you're generally used to buying $5 mascaras.

When I tried the Clarins Be Long mascara, I was surprised. It didn't have anything I usually look for in a mascara, but I loved it instantly. I usually love big mascara brushes, but the Be Long brush is small and plastic. I also usually look for mascaras with heavier formula since I love voluminous lashes, and the formula of the Be Long is thin, but buildable. The funny thing about this is that everything I thought would work against this mascara was what made it truly remarkable. I loved that smaller brush was able to reach the small lashes at the corner of my eyes, which was made even easier with the slight angle to the brush. That's something I have a hard time to achieve with a bigger brush. The formula of the mascara was lengthening and thickening even with its thinner consistency. It doesn't clump whatsoever which makes it super easy to add a second coat. In fact, before the first coat is even dry, you can easily build a second coat without clumping.



I thought it might be interesting to add that on top of lasting on my lashes all day without any flakies, it lasted through a 1 hour moderately sweaty boxercise work out. If it passes the sweat test, that's GOOD.

And if this wasn't good enough, it's super easy to remove. Some of my favorite mascaras are a pain to remove. Yes, they give thick lashes, but thick lashes come with a lot of product, which means pain in the ass makeup removal. The Clarins Be Long mascara achieves thick lashes with minimal product, which means an easier removal process. And less product wasted as well!

This product is meant to give lashes some serious length, and while my lashes are already pretty long, I do find it lengthened them even more. Honestly though, I'm more impressed by its overall performance than by its lengthening factor. It delivers things I never knew I missed in my regular mascaras - the angled, small brush and the easy to build formula are both characteristics I will keep an eye out for in the future.

At a price point of $27, this mascara isn't cheap. But if you don't mind spending money on a makeup item such as mascara, I definitely recommend this gem.

* I have received this product for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment