Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dry Skin? Razor Bumps? Try the Vichy Nutriextra Extraordinary Oil!

Here's my usual morning routine. I shower, shave my legs, dry up, slather my trusty Hydraluron on my face, and then my Nuxe moisturizer. As you can see, I usually skip the step of moisturizing my body. Why do I do this when I actually really need moisturizer, especially on my legs? Well, because I hate the feeling of moisturizer on my body. I just can't quite get over the initial sticky feeling, and if the moisturizer is particularly heavy, I feel it on my skin all day. The problem is, my legs are very prone to ingrown hairs and dryness. It's pretty normal for me to find my legs super itchy from being so dry by the end of the day. So when I was offered the chance to review the Vichy Nutriextra Extraordinary Oil I was really happy since I knew I already liked a similar product in my Nuxe Huile Prodige.


The good thing about this dry oil is that it comes in a spray bottle. For someone like me who doesn't even like applying hair oil because of that yucky feeling in their hands, a spray is very welcome. However, don't do what I kept doing and spraying it on your legs over your tiled bathroom floor. You'll quickly realize, by stepping in slippery oil, that the spray reaches further than you think! I've since remedied this by spraying this on my legs over the bathtub. I usually use one spray per leg and then massage the oil in. It sinks immediately which solves the whole trying to put your jeans with moisturizer on your legs. Don't you hate that? Anyway, the best part of using this oil for me wasn't actually the feeling of putting the product on, it's how smooth my legs were feeling the next day. No razor burn, no bumps, just smooth legs. This oil is actually formulated without silicones, so the oil actually absorbs into the skin rather than sits on the surface.

If I were to compare this Vichy Nutriextra Oil to the Nuxe Huile Prodige, I'd have to truthfully say that I prefer the Vichy version. It is much easier to use because of the spray bottle (my Nuxe Huile Prodige is a mini which doesn't have the spray nozzle), and it smells better. I find the Nuxe scent quite strong while the Vichy oil is mild and disappears after bit. Weirdly enough, it smells exactly like my Nuxe 24 Hour Moisturizing Body Lotion. Like the Nuxe Oil, the Vichy Nutriextra Oil can be used on your hair as well, though I haven't tested that out yet. Just make sure you don't spray it on your roots!

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this product. The price point (at $29.50 for a bottle) is a bit higher than your average dry oil (however, the Nuxe Oil is more expensive), but in my opinion it is well worth the price.

Hope this was helpful for you and have a wonderful day!

* I have received this product for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.

4 comments:

  1. looks like a great product, thanks for sharing!

    http://www.seeshopeatdo.com/2013/07/james-jeans-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This product looks amazing! Would love to try it.x

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome product!!! Yes, this is good for Dry skin. This oil is formulated without silicones, so the oil actually absorbs into the skin rather than sits on the surface.

    Regards,
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete