Monday, February 25, 2013

Cajun Shrimp, you brighten up my winter!

Damn these winter blues! OPI's Cajun Shrimp is the perfect color to break up this spell that is called Canadian winter. It's the most perfect coral/pink color. In some lights it looks almost red!


Cajun Shrimp's formula was excellent. These pictures were taken with two coats, and a Seche Vite topcoat. This will definitely be a staple on my toes when summer comes around!

What's your go-to bright nail polish color?

Have you guys watched the Oscars? The boy and I watch all the Best Picture nominees each year, then place our own ballots. It's so fun! He scored 17/24 categories, and I did a meager 10/24. I'm usually so good! My bets were mostly on Amour and Silver Linings Playbook, hence why I did so bad on my scoring! Did any dress catch your eye? I loved Jennifer Lawrence's gown, but other than that, things were a bit meh this year. What did you think?

13 comments:

  1. I don't think I actually own any bright nail polish colors!
    This color is very pretty- I'd like something like this, I guess I should invest in some brights!
    Thanks! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brights are so fun to wear! I'll hopefully have a post soon on the best polishes for spring! Hopefully you can pick up a few suggestions there too! :)

      Thanks for the comment Melissa! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that bright color! I've been looking for a nice bright summer color, and I think I have found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this colour! My go-to bright nail polish is Chanel Orange Fizz, it's an oldie but definitely a goodie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just googled Chanel Orange Fizz and it's so cute!! Love those types of colors too! Great pick! :)

      Delete
  4. I think I remember when this came out...I was just starting to get into polish. I don't usually wear orange since it makes my hands look dirty, but I love OPI's I'm His Coral-Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that color but just googled swatches and it's so nice! It seems like the most perfect orange color!

      Delete
  5. Lovely, bright summery shade! My go-to bright nail polish is OPI's My Chihuahua Bites. I pretty much wore it on toes all last summer. I also love Chanel's Miami Peach too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, My Chihuahua Bites has been on my wishlist for a bit! I'll have to remember to pick that up next time I'm around OPI! Miami Peach looks so pretty! Thanks for the comment Nat! <3

      Delete