Saturday, December 22, 2012

New at LUSH: Blousey Shampoo for Color-treated Hair!

When I first sniffed the contents of LUSH's new Blousey* shampoo for color-treated hair, I was taken aback. I really didn't like the scent. The shampoo contains bananas, and if you know me, you know that bananas are almost never in my home (I do, however, have them when I intend to make banana bread, which I love!). I hate bananas. The texture of them is just completely unappealing to me. I got my boy to sniff the shampoo as well, thinking I was being a bit unreasonable with my first impression. He did not like it either, laughing at the fact that I'm going to have to use this atrocity, and lather it in my hair. The Blousey shampoo and I had a rough start.

Now that I've completely bashed the scent, I'm going to tell you it is actually really really nice lathered in the hair. I know, weird right?! The banana smell isn't obvious at all when you lather the shampoo, and instead, the other notes of the shampoo come forward: blackcurrant, juniper, berries. It's really nice. So nice in fact, that after a shower, my boy smelled my hair and complimented me on the way my hair smelled! He had a hard time believing it was the product he initially smelled. Point is, if you're put off initially by the scent of this product, don't be, it really changes when you use it.


The go-ey insides:
I'm very happy LUSH decided to come out with a shampoo for color treated hair. I have long been a fan of their solid shampoo bars, but they tend to strip color in my hair. This shampoo is very gentle, but cleans very well. I was worried it would leave my hair a bit oily (since my hair tends to lean towards that) but it didn't at all. In fact, I was able to not wash my hair on the second day, which isn't something every shampoo allows me to do. It's also so gentle that it doesn't encourage oil production in my hair. Blousey left my hair soft and moisturized and my scalp content. A+! You also don't need a a whole lot of product to wash your hair - just make sure you take the time to lather properly! Also, fun fact from the website: the shampoo is preservative free!

Overall, I'm very happy with this shampoo. The scent of it proved to be great when used in the shower and it was quite moisturizing without weighing my hair down (keep in mind that I have very very thick hair). If I ever run out of this (seems bottomless to me!) I'd definitely consider repurchasing.

Hope every one is having a good week! I'm officially on vacation and loving it! I'm not quite done my Christmas shopping (I still have my mom to do!) but I cannot wait to hang out with my family, play card games, and eat my mom's delicious stuffing. Hopefully I will be updating during that time with some Christmassy pictures!

* I have received this product for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.

2 comments:

  1. the scent that emerges sounds amazing! I hate bananas too, yet I don't mind banana bread. i'm not even all that concerned about the texture, i really just don't like the flavor! lol. anyways, i'm so glad it worked out in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah, now I'm craving banana bread! Thanks for the comment Joyce! :)

      Delete