Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Best 5 reds lipsticks of the season!

I love a bright red lip over the holidays. There's something about black liner and red lips that just screams Christmas to me. And now that I only have one day left of work before an extended vacation, I can finally permit myself to feel a little more festive. Yay!

In the past few weeks, I've worn the most red lipstick I have than during the full year. I even wore red lips to Wal-Mart because, dude, if I'm not going to do it over the holidays, it's just not going to happen. And I need to use up every opportunity I can!

Here are some of my favorite picks that will definitely get some serious wear over the holidays.


Left to right: Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Tannin, Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet, Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge in #9, MAC's Red Russian, L'Extrait Rouge G de Guerlain in Colere

I've already raved about Bite Beauty's lipstick formula, but I'll mention it again: it is amazing. Tannin is a gorgeous deep red that suits any skin tone. Tannin is so comfortable to wear, especially when lips can't handle a matte lipstick. Revlon's Lip Butter in Red Velvet falls under the same category. The formula is so smooth that it's really forgiving to any dry lip problems I have this season. So happy I found it last month in my search for the perfect bordeaux lipstick.

When I tried Make Up For Ever's Aqua Rouge on my sister for a wedding makeup trial I gave it a try after myself and totally loved the lipstick. If you need your red lip to stay on, this is the way to go. I still have the swatch of this on my arm hours later, having used makeup remover. It. does. not. budge. Fair warning with this shade - it does dry a bit darker than it initially applies. Nevertheless, the color is a stunning deep burgundy red.

MAC's Russian Red is a new acquisition of mine. I ordered it from MAC a few weeks ago and forgot about it until I chose to wear it to my office's Christmas party! This lipstick is amazing - I can't believe I didn't own it before now! As you can see from the swatch, it has a matte finish, but it doesn't have that dry feel most matte MAC lipsticks have. It's rich and creamy. I really have zero complaints about this beauty!

And finally, Guerlain's l'Extrait Rouge G in Colere is the boldest of them all! The formula of this baby is stunning. It has the same feel as the Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge, but is much smoother and more lightweight. It is very long wearing as well, but I'd say Colere is more moisturizing than Make Up For Ever's #9. My lips do not feel dehydrated after application. I love wearing this for a night out with a gold eyeshadow and black liner.

That's it! Those are my favorite reds of the season! What are yours?


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm tempted to do one of these posts too...

    I got the Lip Butter in Red Velvet because of your previous red lip post! Can't wait until it arrives in the post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I can't wait to see what you think of Red Velvet!! I can imagine that it will look stunning on you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful selection. I agree with you about the BITE formula, it is outstanding. Love the lip butters of course. Haven't tried Guerlain but I would looooove too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guerlain is great - you should definitely give it a go if you can :) And yeah, BITE beauty has no comparators ... it's amazing!!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to try BITE's lippies because I hear nothing but good things! I absolutely love the MUFE Aqua Rouge I have, #8, and have worn it a ton this season (I totally agree that reds lips are where it's at during the holidays!). I also have Russian Red and haven't worn it at all, sadly, but I hope to get some use out of it in the spring, when I visualize myself doing a bright red lip and not much else :) I love red lips!

    ReplyDelete