Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bite Beauty Luminous Lip Library - Review & Swatches

After having tried their Bite Beauty Color and Shine to Go minis (reviewed here) I knew Bite Beauty was a brand that was to be on my radar. Bite Beauty is an all-natural lip care company that operates out of downtown Toronto. I had no idea they were a Canadian company! Their goal was to create lipstick that was good enough for women to eat - I can't say I would, but the fact that these lipsticks are edible make me think they can't be bad to put on your lips!

When I saw the Bite Beauty Luminous Lip Library available on Sephora's website, I knew I needed to give it a try. I was excited to try 9 Bite Beauty colors - who knows, maybe I'll find my perfect color?

This is what the palette arrived looking as, all packaged up.

 And inside that was this:

And this is what the actual palette looks like! It has a sleek cardboard casing. It feels quite sturdy.
And the inside looks like this! It comes with a small lip brush, which is actually quite good. It has rounded edges which makes lipstick application easy.

From left to right: Cava, Rosette, Pepper, Fig, Cin Cin, Poppy, Carménère, Rosé, Tannin

All, and I mean all of the lipsticks, are incredibly pigmented. They are smooth and creamy - really one of the best formulas I've come across. None of these contain shimmer, or glitter bit. They have a semi-glossy finish - they are still quite opaque and creamy so I wouldn't say they are glossy. They do not dry my lips out whatsoever.

My favorite of the bunch are Pepper, Rosé, Tannin and Cin Cin. Even if it looks a bit orange in my swatch, Cin Cin was quite flattering on, especially with some gold tones for eye makeup. 

I can't speak much of the Prep, Prime and Protect balms, but the Prep was quite pleasant to put on under a lipstick. Personally, I would have preferred to have more lipstick colors in the palettes rather than try on a lip primer and balm. I don't use lip primer, and I have way too many balms already!

If you don't mind applying your lipstick with a brush, I think this would be a great buy! I personally don't have the time to apply my lipstick with a brush in the morning, but I don't mind doing it for a night out. Plus, it's fun to explore different colors you might not think of buying in a full-sized tube!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I visited my grandparents (who live in the middle of nowhere) and it was a blast! My brother and I took some scenic pictures - perhaps I'll post them this week.

Thank you for reading!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Annick, What a beautiful set! I've heard good things about Bite, so I can imagine this set is quite nice. The 'B' shaped lip pots are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dovey! Bite Beauty never ceases to impress me lately! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely colours xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried Bite lipsticks myself for the first time last week and I utterly concur-- fabulous! Great feeling on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the swatches, I loooooooove Bite Beauty! I got the discovery set, amazing lipsticks. I wrote a review with swatches a couple of days ago, in case you are interested.

    I think I would love Rosé!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out your review! I just love Bite Beauty as well! Can't wait to get more of their lipsticks!

      Delete
  5. They believe that you simply cannot accomplish true beauty without sensation beautiful. This is actually the main reason lots of people choose to go to some Pinecrest Beauty Salon.

    ReplyDelete