Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm review and Movie of the week!

This balm has made a few blogging rounds on my Blogger feed, and being the curious person that I am, and the fact that it was available at my local Shoppers Drug Mart, I had to give it a go. I was particularily interested because I've always had problem with dry lips. My lips are often so chapped that the corners of my mouth are sore, and I'll sometimes get cracks in the middle of my bottom lip. Not fun. Enter Nuxe's Rêve de Miel balm. It has been my little "treat" in the past few months. While it does have a surprising almost solid texture, the heat of my finger and lips lets the product sink in and leaves a sort of matte finish to my lips. This makes it a great base as it doesn't interfere with the finish of the lipstick you are using. But, that's the not the best thing about this balm - it is truly the best balm for chapped lips I have every tried.

You can see the matte texture of the balm in this picture.

This balm is truly moisturizing. I found it was best used before bed and gave me healthy, plump lips when I woke up. I like that because it has a matte finish, it doesn't slip around and migrate around your lips, or face, when you're sleeping. The texture takes a bit of getting used to, but the result are absolutely worth it. It does not have an abrasive smell - it smells lightly of oranges and honey. You also do not need a lot of product. When you use too much of it, it leaves a grainy finish on your lips. The best way to apply this balm is to apply a small amount and make sure that it is well rubbed into your lips.

While this product is not cheap ($17!) it is worth its while in my opinion, especially if you have chronically dry lips and have problems with your average Blistex or Vaseline. I absolutely see myself repurchasing this product again, although it might take a while given that you only need a tiny amount per usage.

Have you tried this lip balm? Do you swear by one balm and one balm only?

Movie of the week: First off, my apologies for skipping last week's movie of the week. I am not the most organized person and it totally slipped my mind. Instead, I shall suggest the weirdest, saddest, most true to life movie I can think of, Paul Thomas Anderson's Magnolia. This movie made me cry - I never ever cry. This movie made me re-think of people I know, people I knew and how this world is a big blog of weird people. Bascially, the movie follows various characters, who are loosely connected to each other, go through difficult events in their lives. NOT à la Crash if that's what you're thinking, because that movie sucked. It's hard to explain without giving anything away, but what I like best of this movie is that it doesn't explain much, but lets the viewer interpret how they feel of the events happening in front of them. Nothing is spelled out (I'm lookin' at you Chris Nolan). Plus, Tom Cruise is AMAZING, and the soundtrack is full of Aimee Mann music. Win. I think that after In Bruges, this is probably my favorite film. So if you're looking for something different and challenging, this is a great start!

Hope you're having a great week so far! Mine is the busiest of the summer but will soon pay of with vacation!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds so luxurious and nice! I'm usually good with Vaseline, but I've been curious about Reve de Miel for a while now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It *feels* luxurious too! You should totally give it a try! :)

      Delete
  2. I also saw this everywhere and had to have it- I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's excellent - I totally recommend it! :)

      Delete
  3. I just got this and I like it so far! I hope it will be really good, if not better than my absolute favorite, La Mer Lip Balm. La Mer is so pricey, but such a miracle product for me. My lips are always in terrible condition (dry, peeling, cracked in cold weather, etc) and that has gotten them almost normal! I barely get chapped - only a bit dry here and there. Even the pigment of my lips improved - more even color whereas before the edges around my lips were more mauve-y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh La Mer lip balm! Fancy shmancy!;)

      I'm with you though, my lips are always cracked and peeling - anything that works, I will take! I'm glad you're liking the Nuxe balm so far - it's not easy to get used to with the texture and all! ;)

      Delete