Saturday, July 14, 2012

Quo by Orly Gels Very Vixen - a quick heads up!

This will be a quick one just because I wanted to get this swatch up for anyone who was curious. This is Very Vixen from the Quo by Orly Gel series. Very Vixen is a deep chocolate color with a hint of eggplant in it. It also, sadly, did not meet my expectations in terms of formula. While all the other Quo by Orly Gel colors I've tested were opaque in two coats and had a decent formula, Very Vixen was gloopy, streaky, gave me cuticle drag attitude, and would not give even coverage after three coats. So guys, if you're contemplating this one, I'd say you should pass and try a similar Gelish shade instead.

This did not float my boat. But at the same time, one of my favorite polish ever is a Quo by Orly Gel (reviewed here) so I'm not too upset about this dud. Brands have duds all the time. And as a beauty blogger, I'm bound to find them and tell you!

What's a brand you trust that has put out products that truly disappointed you?

No comments:

Post a Comment