Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream - 02 Review + Swatches

Having read countless reviews raving on the amazingness of the Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams, it was a given that I would pick it up at my newly opened local Sephora. Of all the colors I had to pick from (and there is quite a varied range!) I settled on the shade 02, thinking it would be perfect as a smoky base, or on its own.


First off, the product is indeed waterproof. It was quite funny to be rubbing it actively in water without it budging. Secondly, the shade is gorgeous. The silvery shimmer isn't too sparse - it applies evenly and it easily blended with fingers or a brush. The shadow does set though, so I suggest working relatively quickly with the product. The fact that the Aqua Cream sets makes it easy to keep packing on layers for more intensity.

Heavy swatch on my hand.

Lighter swatch on my eyes. Yes, my brows are outta control! They are better now ;)

Since I have very oily eyelids, this didn't stay on perfectly all day. Again, I have weird lids that tend to crease anything I put on them. I wouldn't judge this product too harshly on this claim. Besides, it lasted most of the day and only had minor creasing, without base, which is quite an accomplishment for me. I find that powder shadows are easily combined and blended with the Aqua Cream. As a base, the 02 shade is perfect for a smokey eye.

Have you tried any of the Aqua Creams? Any suggestions as to which shades are most versatile?


10 comments:

  1. I love aqua creams! #2 is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have #15 and it's the most wonderful texture. PS I like your brows! They're such a great shape :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the brow compliment - I have such a hard time keeping up with them! :)

      Oooh #15 eh? I'll have to swatch it at Sephora! They're all so beautiful. I wish I was a makeup artist so I could justify buying them all! LOL!

      Delete
    2. Do it -- it's the most beautiful metallic bronze/taupe. One of those colours I buy over and over, but I think that I'd legitimately repurchase it if I were to ever run out. That's a pretty significant "if".

      Delete
    3. Hahaha I'm familiar with that "if" too! LOL!! :)

      Delete
  3. This blog is really lovely, I always find good ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so pretty on you! This or the lavender is what i would pick too! Have you seen the lisa eldridge video with this in it? It looks so good too! I have the mufe flash palette but i always am too scared to use it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't seen that video (or don't remember seeing her use it) but I will go check it out asap! That flash palette looks AMAZING! Don't be scared - makeup washes off! ;P

      Delete