Monday, March 5, 2012

Aston (and Snog, which was sadly never posted!) by Butter London

I have professed my love for Butter London's nail polish previously with Snog in this blog.

Wait a minute.

UMMMM, I thought I had posted about Snog, I'm convinced of it, but I can't find the post! Whaaaat? I'm so confused. Anyway, I love the polish, it formula is amazing and I've worn it more than once, which is saying something. Here are the pictures that I apparently never posted! I did post these but that was with a CND Effects topcoat for fun! ! That's BAD blogging for ya!


I was so impressed with Snog. The polish was opaque in two coats and wore extremely well. Plus, the color was stunning. Not a Barbie pink at all - it pulls towards a coral. Very pretty for spring - I know I'll be wearing it again and again.

Aston on the other hand, has me scratching my head.

It's not that it's a bad color, it's just that Aston is a color I can't quite pin down. It's not pink, taupe or brown really. It's a combination of all of these things while still having pearly/silver shimmer in it. Makes for a confusing description. Why don't I let the pictures talk ya?


See? It's hard to explain. I don't find the color particularity flattering on me. I like it, but I'm not sure I'll reach for it a lot. Perhaps in the summer, when I have a bit more color on, it will look more flattering. The other problem I had with this polish, is that it chipped super easily on me. I'm not sure if it's just a matter of body chemistry with the polish, but it was chipped within a day.

Furthermore, one hand had a Seche Vite top coat and the other had Sally Hanson Diamond nails and both chipped pretty equally. By the by, this happened because I painted my nails at 11pm and I really wanted to go to bed - Seche Vite is the way to go in these cases. Seche Vite gave me some tip shrinkage as well. Perhaps it's the shimmer in the polish that caused the chipping? Snog never gave me any issues at all. I'm curious now - I know I definitely want to pick up more creme colors from Butter London. And now, it is available back home where my family lives, at 1.5 hours away! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment