Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Clinique Gel Liner in True Black

First off, let me just say that I do not like to write reviews, without testing it out first, and pretty thoroughly at that. This is one of those products.
My first try with it was pretty exceptional. It stayed on really really well, all day, without a smudge. I thought maybe I was having an extra dry day (I have an oily skin type, and my lids apply to this as well). I have worn this product at least 10 times to date and it has performed wonderfully.


I have really oily eyelids. To the point that with a base, AND a paint pot, I still get creasing after 8 hours (depending on the shadow - for some reason MAC's Club does it every time). Because of this, eyeliners slide all over the place. And what's yuckier that creating a beautiful cat eye with a gel liner and having a print of it on your eyelid by the end of the day? It's worst than flaky mascara.


So when I say that this stays on, I mean it. I have uncovered my embarrassing oily eyelid tale and proven this to you. Granted, I haven't tried this in the water, or extreme heat temperature, but the swatches below speak for themselves.

This is the liner applied on my hand. As you can see, it has a gel like, fluid consistency that makes it easy to apply in one motion. It definitely doesn't tug on the lid.


Here's the liner after about a minute of rubbing with my finger. It. Does. Not. Move.

It did fade tiny bit, but that's pretty good for a vigorous minute of rubbing. However, in my experience, it does come off easily with a eye makeup remover.


So, if you're a fan of the cat eye, or gel liner in general, please run and grab this. It's well priced (below $20 in Canada I believe), and according to the Pixiwoo girls, it doesn't dry out as fast as all their other gel liners.

Here's Billie playing with the gel liner while I was trying to take some wicked shots. My skills need to improve. What's a better to do that than by blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment