Monday, March 21, 2011

Moolah, the bane of a shopaholic

Now, I'm sure some of you are in the same boat as me. You're a blogger. You're just out of school AKA poor as shit. You can't afford to buy endless streams of products and blog about them - it's just an impossibility.

Here's why I'll make you the solemn vow that I will never buy a whole collection and review about it. Here you'll find detailed reviews about, mostly, a single product. But I think the advantage here is that you'll find some really good recommendations.

For example, I read about this lipstick on Makeup Morsels (thank you!) and bought it based on the recommendation. link to Makeup Morsel's post

I can tell you right now, because of her excellent and well written review, the Rouge Hydra Nude (shade 01) it did not disappoint. It has quickly become one of my favorite lipsticks ever. It's creamy, it smells delicious, it's moisturizing, did I mention the smell - it's complete yum. And the packaging...




Pretty right? Feels way more glamorous than putting on MAC lipstick. And this actually stays on the lips for a while. This is truly a "my lips but better shade". It might not be for you though - my lips are not pigmented at all!

Hope this was helpful and gave you an idea of what the blog will be about. If you have any ideas on a specific product you'd like reviewed, please do not hesitate. I have limited access to some brands here but I'll make sure to do my best to get my mitts on the right stuff (The Right Stuff, that was an excellent movie wasn't it? Sam Shepard is sexay).

Cheers and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment